Golden Slipper Sale Mail - Find Out More
Tara Madgwick - Tuesday July 10
Nominations for the 2019 Group I ATC Golden Slipper Stakes represent a considerable slice of the commercially bred rising two year-olds of 2018/2019 so we thought a Sale Mail and analysis might prove interesting.

From a total 2,456 entries 76% were offered at auction while the remaining 24% were either bought privately, leased or retained to race by their breeders.

Of those youngsters that went to the sales 38% came through an Inglis auction, 34% from Magic Millions and 4% from NZB.

This year at Australasian yearling sales we had 33 horses sell for $1million or more with 29 being nominated for the Golden Slipper including the Fastnet Rock colt from The Broken Shore that made $2.3 million at Inglis Easter to be the most expensive yearling of 2018.

The most represented sire with 112 entries is Snitzel, while Deep Field is the most highly represented of the first season sires with 100. Below are the Top 20.


Godolphin is the biggest nominator with 140 youngsters, followed by the Hayes/Dabernig team with 136 and Waterhouse/Bott stable with 106.

Click here to see all the Golden Slipper nominations sortable by Nominator, Sire, Dam, plus Sale, Vendor, Buyer and Price for those offered at auction.