Golden Slipper 2018

Nominations for the 2018 Group I ATC Golden Slipper Stakes represent a considerable slice of the commercially bred rising two year-olds of 2018/2018 so we thought a Sale Mail and analysis might prove interesting.

From a total 2195 entries 73% were offered at auction while the remaining 27% were either bought privately, leased or retained to race by their breeders.

Of those youngsters that went to the sales 34% came through an Inglis auction, 34% from Magic Millions and 5% from NZB.

This year at Australasian yearling sales we had 23 horses sell for $1million or more with 22 being nominated for the Golden Slipper including the Redoute's Choice colt from Secluded that made $2.5 million at Inglis Easter to be the most expensive yearling of 2018.

The most represented sire with 105 entries is Snitzel, while Zoustar is the most highly represented of the first season sires with 55.

Godolphin is the biggest nominator with 152 youngsters, followed by the Hayes/Dabernig team with 108 and Waterhouse/Bott stable with 90.

Click here to see all the Golden Slipper nominations sortable by Nominator, Sire, Dam, plus Sale, Vendor, Buyer and Price for those offered at auction.

2018 GOLDEN SLIPPER SIRES
SNITZEL
105
I AM INVINCIBLE
98
SEBRING
77
PIERRO
74
EXCEED AND EXCEL
69
FASTNET ROCK
63
ALL TOO HARD
59
SMART MISSILE
57
MEDAGLIA D'ORO (USA)
56
ZOUSTAR
55
REDOUTE'S CHOICE
49
NOT A SINGLE DOUBT
47
CHOISIR
44
SIZZLING
43
HINCHINBROOK
43
WRITTEN TYCOON
41
STAR WITNESS
40
MORE THAN READY (USA)
40
LONHRO
38
SEPOY
38
EPAULETTE
37
SO YOU THINK (NZ)
34
DREAM AHEAD (USA)
29
DENMAN
27
BERNARDINI (USA)
25
FOXWEDGE
25
SHAMUS AWARD
24
DUNDEEL (NZ)
24
THE FACTOR (USA)
24
DECLARATION OF WAR (USA)
23
YOUR SONG
23
STRATUM
22
HELMET
20
HIGH CHAPARRAL (IRE)
20
SPIRIT OF BOOM
20
FIGHTING SUN
20
DAWN APPROACH (IRE)
19
ANIMAL KINGDOM (USA)
18
ROTHESAY
18
MOSSMAN
17
2018 GOLDEN SLIPPER NOMINATORS
Godolphin
152
David & B Hayes & T Dabernig
108
Waterhouse & Bott
90
Waller C J
87
Snowden P
74
Ciaron Maher Racing
61
McEvoy A J
61
Hawkes M, W & J
56
Price M G
53
Inglis
50
Weir D
48
Lees Racing Pty Ltd
44
Perry P M
41
Birchley L
39
Bjorn Baker Racing
38
Cummings A J
35
Gooree Park Stud
30
Darby Racing
28
Griffiths R D
25
Pride J
24